Background

Background

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

7 Yrs of Birthday's


Welcome back to the DOstamper Stars Thursday challenge.

This week for the challenge I had my grandson's birthday in mind when I made the card.  He just turned 7 years old.  How time has flown by!

I am loving the new number bundle that came out in the Occasion Catalog.

If you haven't seen the new Occasion Catalog yet...it is a must see!  For Hunter's card I wanted to make it fun and personable for him.  OK...I also wanted to use the numbers! LOL  When it comes to male cards I always have a hard time with the color selection.  This one took me awhile to figure out the base card color and the next layer.  Not sure why...I am usually pretty good about this.  So I went about it another way this time.  I started from my top (the 7) and went backwards.  That seemed to work allot better for me in this card.

The great Designer Series paper I used on this card comes from the Cherry On Top DSP stack.  The colors in this stack are so bright and cheery.  When putting together the layers for the circles I wanted to do something different, besides just 2 circles.  So I decided to make a balloon out of the top circle.  This was done by using the Balloon Framelits and the stamp set Celebrate Today.  For the Crushed Curry layer I ran this through the Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot Impression Folder.

I hope you liked today's card!  I know Hunter is really going to like it as well.

Here are a few more DOstamper Stars that are participating in this weeks challenge.



Sale-A-Bration Catalon  send $50.00 choose an item FREE!!

Happy Stamping!


Product List

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you put the 7 on the balloon. Hunter should like his card! Thanks for playing along for this week's DOstamperSTAR Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandkids are so much fun! I really like your card, it is sure to make him smile. Dawn is my new demonstrator, so I decided to check out her challenge.

    ReplyDelete