Background

Background

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Holder of the Cards

YOU CAN ALWAYS USE SOMETHING TO HOLD YOUR CARDS!
The month of April I was asked to be the DOstamper STARS guest designer.  Of course I said yes!!  This is another project that I did as the guest designer.

I love how the Card Holder turned out.

The Holder/box is from Target Dollar spot.  When I seen it just sitting there in its own little cubby, it was calling my name to do something fun with it.  So of course I just had to get it!!


To make this FABULOUS flower is really pretty easy.  I started with a 2 1/2 x 11" Pc of Melon Mambo cardstock.  I then folded that in half and glued the 2 ends together.  Remember less is more with the Multipurpose glue.  Then you will take your Fringe Scissors and cut at an angle along side the folded edge.  Do this for the whole strip of cardstock.


Once you have completed the fringing of the cardstock you are ready to roll it up to make our flower.  Some people use Sticky Strip for putting it together.  I used Multipurpose Glue again.  I put the glue on a little at a time as I was rolling up the flower.  I did make a flower out of DSP as well.  I just wanted to see the difference between the cardstock and DSP.  I preferred the cardstock one as you can see.


Here is the difference between the cardstock widths that you start out with.
The 1 1/2" flower is just so darn CUTE!!

Here is a close up of the flower.

When I attached the flower onto the holder I did use Hot Glue.  For the spectacular looking Melon Mambo Streamers.....I spritzed some Creped Filter Paper with Melon Mambo and the cut with my Fringe Scissors.  The leaves are cut out with the Big Shot and the leaves from the Secret Garden Framelits.

This Card box will make a great gift!!!

Cardstock and Ink
Melon Mambo Cardstock     115320
Garden Green Cardstock     102584
White Creped Filter Paper   129393
Early Espresso Cardstock    119686
Chocolate Chip Ink       126979

Stamp Set
Gorgeous Grunge  Clear mount   130517      Wood mount   130514

Accessories
Big Shot    113439
Secret Garden Framelits    129372
Fringe Scissors     133325
Gold Sequin Trim   132983
Typeset Alphabet Bigz   127553





Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for demonstrating how to make flowers with the fringe scissors. The card is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. What was the holder/box called at Target? I must go look for it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you did this tutorial quite awhile ago but I am trying to figure out the folding,. I am thinking it would be 2 1/2 X 5 1/2 glued together at the edge of the 2 1/2 side. Then use the fringe scissors maybe about halfway down? Then add the glue along the bottom 5 12 inch long edge and roll up? Is this correct? Thanks so much.
    tonilea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonilea, I started with a 5 x 11" Pc of Melon Mambo cardstock. I then folded that in half and glued the 2 ends together. Then you will take your Fringe Scissors and cut at an angle along side the folded edge. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete