Background

Background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello Swaps

Love to swap!

This card was one of my general swap cards for convention this year.  This year I made close to 300 card fronts for convention.  Think that is crazy...other people make more than that when they go.  But it is all worth it when you get there and you swap like crazy.  I will have to take a picture of all the swap cards that I received back.

The cardstock that I used on this card is Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White.  I used a new stamp set that came in the the 2011/2012 catalog called "My Friend".  Great Set!  For the cluster of leaves and flowers I did a technique called Thumbing.  It is where you take your stamp and ink it up with your desired color and then take a Stampin' Up! marker (which should be darker) and thumb with it on the inked stamp.  (You are making spots of color all over you stamp)  When finish thumbing you will then huff on your stamp and stamp it on your cardstock.  How great is that!!  Easy, but yet such a great effect.  I also added a Basic Rhinestone to the little saying to give it that little extra Bling.

I hope you like it!  I will have more of my swaps throughout this week and I am sure into next.

You can get your own stamp set and create your own card using the Thumbing Technique.

Thank you for stopping!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Looking forward to seeing your other swap cards. Following you through SC. I'm #380. Come by for a visit. www.cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com
    Happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete