Background

Background

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Birthday Sketch Challenge



In this DOstamper Stars sketch challenge I took a little different approach to it.  Instead of layering it up, I layered it down.  How I did this is by making a Shaker Card.  I am just loving all the different Shaker cards that I have seen lately.  They are so much fun!! And who wouldn't enjoy getting one!

I love how this card turned out!!

What I like most about this card is all the GREAT embellishments!!  And besides it is a shaker card!  When I first seen the Pom - Pom trim I wasn't that excited about it....but then it just grew on me and now I am loving it!  I also love the Sequin trim that came out about a year ago in Gold.  But with the Occasion Catalog that came out, they now have it in Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim.   These trims just give it that extra little touch!


Inside the shaker part of the card I took the Sequin Assortment with some punched out Silver Glitter Paper.  To punch out the little circles I used the 1/8 Hole punch.  I added these to give that sparkle!  The saying on the card from a new set that also came out in the Occasions Catalog.  This set is a great birthday set.  It is called "Balloon Bash", below is a picture of the set.

Balloon Bash Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Loving this set!

Here are a few of the other DOstamper Stars that have participated in this weeks challenge.  Go check out their blogs.


Here is a complete list of supplies that was used to make this card.

Cardstock & Ink
Bermuda Bay carstock         131197
Whisper White cardstock    100730
Birthday Bash DSP               137783
Silver Glimmer Paper          124005
Stazon Black Ink                   101406

Stamp Set
Balloon Bash Photopolymer   137144

Accessories
Sequin Assortment      133631
Pom Pom Trim             137898
Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim    137910
Metallic Clothespins                133320


Sale-A-Bration  Only have until the end of March!!


Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card Jan - bright and cheery, perfect for your birthday (he he!!). Thanks for playing along for this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors! Great card Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Jan! Wierd...I'm working on a card with the same stamp set and I did the same thing with the Pom poms. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fantastic Jan! Who wouldn't want to celebrate after receiving this card!!

    ReplyDelete