Background

Background

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

It's a Fruity Challenge

Why do I say FRUITY????
Look at all the color names:  Pear, Peach and Watermelon!



It is good to be back with the DOstamper Challenge Thursday!

For this weeks challenge I want to try a little different water-coloring.  I think it turned out pretty good,if I say so myself.  My daughter really liked it!  And with this color set it made it really easy to do.  

For the background of the card I sprayed the cardstock with water and then took my Aqua Painter and dropped different color drops where I wanted to watercolor look for the background.  Below you will see what this looks like when it is done.

The swirly flowers were cut from the "Swirly Scribbles Thinlits".   After I cut them out I took and sprayed a little bit of water on them and then took the Aqua Painter again and added some Watermelon Wonder to them.  This just gave them a softer color to go with the background.  I topped off the big flower with a little swirl out of Watermelon Wonder to give it some depth.  

I finished the card off with a little bit of Copper Metallic Thread, Basic Pearls and the Hello greeting in Basic Black.  I am loving all the Metallic Threads that Stampin' Up! has come out with!!

I hope you liked today's card.  Make sure you go and check out the rest of the DOstamper's that is participating in this weeks challenge.





Product List

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment