Background

Background

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Butterfly Tile

Image may contain: text

For this week's challenge Stampin' Up! has a punch that looks just like this tile.  But of course the 1 thing I don't have from the catalog yet is that punch!  So I have taken a different approach to this weeks challenge.  

For this week's challenge card is a technique that I am currently doing in my Technique Class that I hold once a month.   It is called "Faux Fresco".  Thank you to Lydia Fiedler for this great technique and card.


I thought this would make a great tile!!

For the background I used Watercolor Cardstock and embossed it with the Flutter Impressions folder.  Next I took Watercolor pencils and colored as shown below.  Then took a blender pen and spread the color around.  



I then finished it off with white acrylic paint and the clear embossing powder to all the the raised areas.  I did add the Happy Birthday banner to just give the card a little something.  I didn't want to do to much to take away from the background.



Make sure that you stop by all the DOstamper's that are joining us in this weeks challenge.


Happy Stamping!


1 comment:

  1. ooh fun and creative...great job! Thanks for playing along with this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete