Background

Background

Friday, February 28, 2014

Picture Challenge

OK - I am a day late.
For some reason I was thinking on Wednesday it was Tuesday and I had another day to get my card done for the challenge.  Not sure why I want another day of work!  LOL  Better late then never to join the challenge.
Here is another DOstampers challenge.  Like I said previously I had my days mixed up and posting this a little late.  You are more than Welcome to join us in our challenges every Thursday.

Love how bright and cheery the colors are.


If you have never done a picture challenge before let me explain what it is all about.  You take the picture and pull something that catches your eye.  From that you create your card or project.  For this challenge I took the colors and the Butterfly.

I did the Thumping Technique on the Butterfly.

This technique is so easy to do, but it makes such an effect on any project that you create.  How this is done, take your stamp and ink it up using the lightest color that you will be using.  Next take your desired colors of  Stampin' Up! markers that go with your project.  You will then take the brush end of the marker and tap/thumb it to your stamp in various places.  Repeat this with all the colors you have chosen.  When that is done you will huff on your stamp and stamp image onto your cardstock.  And that is how the Thumping Technique is done.  Easy isn't it!?!?  Of course I had to add a little sparkle to the butterfly with the rhinestones.

The Stampin' Up! products that I used to this card is as follows:

Cardstock & Ink
Bermuda Bay Crdstk    1131197     Ink   131171
Daffodil Delight               119683               126944
Tangerine Tango            111349                126946
Whisper White                100730

Stamp Sets
Papillon Potpourri    Clear mount    123759      Wood mount    132058
Summer Silhouettes                          126447                                132082
Regarding Dahlias                              130327                                130324

Accessories
Big Shot         113439  (You can get this 1/2 OFF.  I can show you how to do that!)
Modern Mosaic Impression Folder      129984
Perfect Polka Dot Impression Folder   117335
Basic Rhinestones              119246
Elegant Butterfly Punch   127526

I hope you join us next Thrusday!!!  I will post on time next time.  LOL





Thank you for Stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment